TAX ID 85-1236552
Veterans Day 5k Run, Walk & Roll- Let’s go!!
Athletes with DisAbilities Network Northeast presents Veteran’s Day- Run, Walk & Roll 5k! After a year off from Covid, we are excited to bring back our 5k fundraiser!! Participation in this event will help us continue to serve our community of Veterans and community members with physical challenges by offering adaptive sports opportunities and involvement. The first 250 registered will receive an event medal and T-shirt. Come on out and show your support while we honor the Veterans in our community!! ALL Abilities welcome.
The race will be a 5k loop around Cooper River Park ending at Jack Curtis Stadium. The path is paved and accessible to racing chairs. Guides available if needed (please contact ahead of time to make arrangements). We also have a limited quantity of adaptive cycling available for para-athletes who believe they need to use a cycle to participate. Please contact us prior to registration to make sure we have an adaptive cycle that fits your need.
Location- Cooper River Park- Jack Curtis Stadium
Date November 14, 2021 8 am
Age groups awards will be given in the following categories.
Male & Female – 12-15, 16-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Male/Female-Physically Challenged division
Athletes with Disabilities Network Northeast, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization established To promote a better quality of life for people with physical disabilities, especially for veterans and first responders by mentoring and creating awareness and offering opportunities for local athletic, recreational and educational activities.
- March 28th– Green Valley Tennis Club 5-6pm, Haddonfield, NJ
- April 2nd– Flex training for General Nash PE staff- Boccia, Basketball Tennis
- April 20th– Tennis Clinic Riverwinds Golf and Tennis Club 12:30-2:30pm (West Deptford, NJ)
- April 24th–Chittick Elementary School East Brunswick, NJ Olympic/Paralympic Day
Tennis, Boccia, wheelchair basketball and sitting volleyball
- April 27th -11-5pm DOD Warrior Games- County College of Morris (Randolph NJ)
Tennis, archery, triathlon, adaptive cycling, WC basketball, sitting volleyball, powerlifting
- May 7th-Reading day for North Penn School district (Chase your dreams) 9am
- May 18th–Tennis Clinic Riverwinds Golf and Tennis 12:30-2:30pm (West Depford, NJ)
- May 24- General Nash, Olympic Paralympic Day- Boccia, Tennis, Sitting Volleyball, Dyson demo
- June 22nd-Tennis Clinic Cherry Hill Health and racquet club- 4-6pm
Old Cuthbert Road
- July 27th–CHHRC (Cherry Hill Health and Racquet) 4-6 pm
- August 24th-CHHRC 4-6pm